Monday, March 17, 2008

Shoegirl

Shoegirl has been a childhood friend from the old neighborhood. We kinda lost touch for some many years until she contacted me on classmates.com, to then find out that I had moved to Denmark with my daughter and husband. Despite our long-distant friendship, we seem to have been able to remain in touch with each other.

Shoegirl has left me many good memories. I so much wanted to be like her. She was so normal, had a great sense of fashion, and of course, really cool curly hair. Plus she was SUPER SMART... unlike me... who did nothing but day-dream.

Please listen or read her essay on education. She did a talk show on 88.7 KUHF, Houston Public Radio.

http://www.kuhf.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=23260&news_iv_ctrl=2841


1 comment:

  1. Awww!!!!! You are SOOOO sweet! You made me blush and you made me feel all warm and fuzzy!

    ReplyDelete