Monday, October 12, 2009

Anne's Song

"HEY!"
"WHAT??"
"Oh nothing, just wondering why it is you're doing
that whatever it is you're doing. 
"Oh yeah, why?" 
I dunno it just doesn't seem like something you'd be doing that's all you of all
people, know what I mean? 
"Yeah I know it's been bugging you since the day I was born, huh? 
I asked my friend Anne about it. 
I said, 'Anne, Anne, Anne, what am I supposed to do, it's been bugging them since the
day that I was born.' 
She said 'Do whatever the hell you want to do! Now is the time to do whatever you want, and it will still turn out
great. You've got the world at your feet.'"
I never claimed to be different, I only said I was bored and she's
tired of your uniqueness, it sends her over head first then the rest
of her follows, the breath of life, it never left her hollow...
I can do everything, she said, she said with a smile.
And I can go anywhere tonight, cause I'm with Anne.
Anne, Anne, Who? 
Anne Dagnabit Island princess queen with the juice
What's this? 
I see she brought her whole uplown contingent. 
First there's Jon E. He always loves a party. 
He's followed by Vinnie, who's feelin' kinda skinny. 
He says, "Hey Anne. I'm starved what you got to eat?"
She says, "Vinnie, you're always starving man.  Get away from that fridge!"
Here comes Lucy.  She's feelin' really sexy.
She's followed by her boyfriend, who'd better not turn around, this time, or he's bound to lose
her, and here comes Jamilla, who's got the cream soda...
"I can do everything", she said, she said with a smile.
And I can go anywhere tonight, cause I'm with Anne.
-Faith No More
 
Anyway, a few months ago, I think it was in August, Anne had an 80's party.  The King burned tons of 80's music videos for her and 
that is what we listened to, and watched. 
 
It also happened to be Freddy's birthday, and the good friends that we are to him, The King ordered a "special" friend for him.  We all
felt the emptiness of those "lonely" nights.