Sunday, October 18, 2009

Copenhagen Zoo

After having our Copenhagen trip changed a few times during our Fall break, yesterday we finally managed to sneak a day in.

What we thought was going to be a cold, cloudy day... ended up being a beautiful day.

It had been almost a year since we had been back to the zoo... so we saw a few changes.  We were glad to see that the elephants finally had a bigger exhibit.  We were also impressed with the new Flodhest exhibit.  (Flodhest, translated to river horse, but known to us as Hippopotamus.)  The exhibit gave you that hands-on, up front, feeling.  The hippos were RIGHT THERE.

I love Copenhagen.  Even though it's smaller than the city I come from, Houston, Texas, and comparing it to the town that I live in now, Copenhagen rocks.

The last four photos were taken by my husband, but I am sure he doesn't mind if I borrow them.