Sunday, February 17, 2008

2008 Horror Movies

I am a fan of horror movies. I have always been since I was four years old. It first started off with the old Scooby Doo cartoons. Even though those crazy cartoon kids solved mysteries, I still loved the creepy music and costumed-monster villains. After I upgraded to the old Dracula, Werewolf, and Mummy movies... including my all time favorite, Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein.

Then my sadistic dad took me to see Alien. One of the most scariest movies I had ever seen... IN MY LIFE... that has left an impression of fear to this day. Just the word Xenomorph creeps me out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenomorph_(Alien)

As I came into my teenage years, my taste in horror became more intense. Well at least for the 1980's time. Jaws, Humanoids from the Deep, and Blood Beach, Halloween, and The Thing to name a few.

Man... good ole times.

Anyway, this morning I noticed the new 2008 list of up-coming movies in Fangoria... which I might add that I am E-X-C-I-T-E-D A-B-O-U-T.

1. Cloverfield

2. Teeth

3. Diary of the Dead (I love zombie movies!!!!!!)

4. The Signal

5. Shutter

6. All the Boys Love Mandy Lane (I am also a fan of Indie movies.)

7. PROM NIGHT (Jamie Lee Curtis will always be the queen.)

8. Mother of Tears aka La Terza Madre (Dario Argento, what more can I say.)

9. MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN

10. THE HAPPENING (I am a fan of M. Night Shyamalan. Plus I cannot resist a movie that has Mark Wahlberg, Zooey Deschanel, and John Leguizamo.)

11. Hellboy II (Two words. RON PERLMAN)

12. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon

13. Trick 'r Treat

Yeah, I can't wait to see these movies.


We all have a tiny evil monster in us. My brother and I would let ours out on Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment